Wednesday 29 May 2013

SMART CHICKS Fast Food



I am crunchy, I am moist: I am succulent fried chicken!
Smart chicks are amazing in their mouthwatering finger lickin chicken alike dishes.
A fast food restaurant offers a variety of delicious fast food including burgers, pizzas, shawarmas and fried chicken.

But the truth is, it takes a lot of effort to muster tender succulent meat, dredged in flour and spices, then cooked in boiling fat. Professional and domestic cooks alike have their tricks to the perfect fried chicken from the type of spice to the type of oil. And as much as we like to think that we have a sophisticated palate, no hot blooded foodie can resist golden brown, crispy, succulent fried chicken.
Introducing spices to the chicken to enrich the flavor, fried chicken becomes a staple and one of the region’s top choices for ‘Sunday dinner’. The preparation generally involves portions of chicken being dredged in flour usually after marination in buttermilk. The flour is spiced with seasonings such as salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and sometimes chili. Now the modern household uses more neutral-flavored oils like canola oil and vegetable oil.Foodclub.pk fans gona love it!

I’m in love with the extra-crispy recipe that Smart chicks have and I have tried hunting for a good clone for ages. Unfortunately, all the recipes that I have tried so far don’t quite come up to par with the original.

Now, I’ll be the first to admit that ordering the Smart chicks Burger is nearly always a hit and miss affair, no matter how experienced the chicken shop may be. To order it at a new fast food restaurant, well, some might call that downright reckless. Sometimes, however, it goes terrible wrong. While the burger meat was a bit stringy, the balance of the hash brown, cheese, lettuce, mayo, and chicken did manage to sate my hunger and leave me not completely dissatisfied. As my colleague aptly put it, it left one feeling “full, yet slightly soiled”. I believe he meant that as a compliment to the cuisine; that is at least how I took it. 
Smart chicks’ cooks have their own version to keep the meat moist while achieving that crispy outer coat. 

ANYTIME IS A GOOD TIME TO EAT!
Brought to you by foodclub.pk

No comments:

Post a Comment